カトリーナ先生からの励ましの言葉を読んでください。英語話者の方々が日常生活で使う英語語彙と表現が紹介されていて、有益です。さて、「お茶一杯Cup of Tea」とはどういう時に使うと思いますか？
Things were really popping” at the English Village last Thursday.
We were “blown away” by the great number of new students that are attending Rikadai this year. Thank you for stopping by and introducing yourselves.
For all the 1st year students who may be “feeling the 田舎 blues”, “hang in there.” Nagano may not be your “cup of tea”, but if you give it a chance, you may discover something amazing. If you want ideas of things to do/see, drop in for a chat at the next English Village.
- Popping: Old American slang used to express that an event was very lively.
- Blown away: (transient verb) to impress very strongly and usually favorably
- Feeling blue:(idiom) Be depressed or sad about one’s state
- Hang in there/hang on/hold on: Is a phrase which means to persevere, much like 頑張って
- Cup of tea: (idiom) is an expression that is used to describe something you like